Thanks for checking us out. Here you will find information on how things work at the Airdrie Food Bank, what's new, how we give to the community and how we can use your help. Check back often for updates.
Visit our new building website at
Plant a Row Grow a Row
- Grow a Row, Share a Row program has started! Pick up your free onion sets at Blue Grass Garden Centre, register your garden and share your extra produce with the Airdrie Food Bank. Those who need food support so appreciate fresh produce! More info
Astoria Charity Golf Tournament
- Astoria Charity Golf Tournament will be on Friday, May 24, 2013 at Woodside Golf Course in Airdrie.
Airdrie Food Bank Community Open House
- Drop in for a tour, refreshments and see what we have accomplished with your support! June 17, 2013 5 - 8 pm.
7th Annual Empty Bowls Arts Festival
- The next Empty Bowls Arts Festival will be on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at Nose Creek Park in Airdrie. More info
Airdrie Zombie Cup 2013
- Presented by Artsy Fartsy Faces Body Art & More supporting the Airdrie Food Bank. A unique football game where people get to "live out" their living dead dreams while having fun and supporting a cause. Saturday July 20, 2013 from 3 - 7pm @ Genesis Athletic Park. Raffle prizes, DJ, Good Eats, vendors after party and much more. Players Registration $25. Vendor Fee $30. For more information please call Shawnee @ 403-836-7397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website | Facebook
2013 Airdrie Summer Classic Car Show
- Airdrie Summer Classic Car Show will be on Saturday, August 10, 2013 at Nose Creek Park in Airdrie. Rain date is August 24.
2013 Empty Bowls Quilt Raffle
- Win a hand-made quilt valued at $1,800! Tickets are $5 each and are on sale at the Airdrie Food Bank. Draw date is June 22, 2013 at the Empty Bowls Arts Festival at Nose Creek Park. License 353232. 1000 tickets printed. Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase. Poster | Raffle Rules
Scrap Cars = $'s for Food Bank
Donate your scrap car to support the Airdrie Food Bank and Crossfield Auto Sales will provide you with a tax receipt for the donation. Contact Crossfield Auto for details.
Organizing a Food Drive or Fundraising Event?
You can make a difference!
There are many ways to run a successful food drive or fundraising event. Our handout provides a simple steps and checklists to help you out.
Be sure to contact our office to register your food drive. It's essential that we know about your plans before you start so we can plan to have volunteers in place to accept, sort, store and distribute the food that your drive brings in.
Community Spirit Grant
The Airdrie Food Bank receives the Community Spirit Grant - a provincial program that is donor-driven. The grant recognizes and encourages Albertans to support their favourite charitable organizations by basing the amount given on the total annual cash donations the charity receives over a 12-month period. The more our community donates, the bigger our grant to a $50,000 maximum over 3 years. More info.
Thank you so much to our sponsors, volunteers, business and community members. We so appreciate the support of everyone - an amazing community of neighbours helping neighbours.