Join the AFB team
Program Assistant: Food Pantry & Events
Position Summary: This position is one of the first points of contact for all visitors and phone calls as well as an ambassador to our community. This job includes greeting, handling requests and/or directing people as required. The responsibilities for this position include the support and distribution of food to walk in clients through our Pantry Program and supporting community events as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Greet visitors, clients, volunteers, donors, and callers; handling requests and/or directing appropriately.
· Ensure client area and staging area is stocked, organized, and tidy.
· Work with the warehouse team to distribute food through the Pantry Program to walk-in clients.
· Recording and tracking of walk-in clients.
· Train and support volunteers.
· Filling orders, tracking, and recording of outgoing pantry food amounts to partner agencies
· Receipting incoming financial donations.
· Attend and support community events.
· Assisting with Gift Card Management using Microsoft Excel.
· Prepare mail-outs, including correspondence, as requested.
· Support the work of management and special projects as needed.
· Other duties as required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your skills and experience relevant to this position to Indeed by end of day Friday, August 26th.